Karleigh Mei had her 2nd eyelid surgery this morning. The doctor felt really good about it. It's hard to explain exactly what he did. The 1st surgery he cut and stretched the small part of eyelid that she had (she only had half an upper eyelid). This 2nd surgery he removed some of her upper eyelid (the part that wasn't originally a part of her eyelid) and some of her lower eyelid and attached it to her upper eyelid.
We will go back in a month for another surgery :( to stretch and tighten her upper eyelid so that it will close all the way for her. He had hoped to stretch just the upper eyelid today, but it was just too tight. Confused? That's okay. :)
How did Karleigh Mei do? Well....this girl has a better memory than any elephant I've ever known...and she remembered her last surgery (back in March) and the claim that she would have bubblegum (the bubblegum gas smell) and balloons (what she is suppose to blow when she goes "out")...which she never got. When they took her back to surgery, this time she wasn't happily waving, "Bye Mom!", she was crying, "I want Mama!". Tears for me...
Once the surgery was done and they brought her to us, she was MAD! And she was in pain. :( She ripped her IV out while the nurse was trying to take it out. I was so afraid she was going to rip the patch off of her eye!
We have not seen her eye yet, we take the patch off in the morning. This time they used dissolvable stitches, so she won't have to go back and put under again to take them out. Please continue to pray for quick healing and NO MORE PAIN! She's doing better now and is happy to be home! Big sister Katie comes home for the weekend...so we are all excited about that!
Trying to get her to smile for the camera. Not in the jolliest of moods (do you blame her!?). You can still see the tape around her mouth from the breathing tube. :(






9 Love Like Crazy Comments:
It amazes me how she can go through stuff like that and give even a smile I go through much less than that and I won't. Even the babies can teach us something.
poor punkin'. praying for amazingly quick healing!
She looks wonderful and she is SO brave! I look forward to seeing her as she continues with her journey. She is already beautiful!
Praying so hard for you all and especially Karleigh Mei!!
Oh, sweet baby. I'll keep praying for her recovery.
I hope she is feeling better and continues to heal over the next few days!
ohhhh, poor little hunny!...I will DEFINITELY continue to lift little KM up in prayer in the days to come! Sending big HUGS her way!! <><
love,
Tanya
Oh Jenn, I'm so sorry she had a rough go of it and really sorry that she has to go through another one. I will keep praying and trust that she will be back to her old self in no time. Hang in there, mama!
My heart breaks reading it. I sooo feel you! Praise God it's over and I hope you are having a much better day.
I'll be praying with each thought of y'all!
Post a Comment