My heart is aching with the fact that, today, we have to travel out of town, so that Karleigh Mei can have her 3rd eyelid surgery tomorrow. My head tells me that this is what we have to do. That this is what she, eventually, will be thankful we did. But my heart is hurting that she has to do this again. I know that at the time they will have to take her from my arms and back to surgery, my heart will feel like I have failed her. When she keeps eye contact with me until she is taken back behind those doors, I'm not sure if I can be strong enough to not weep. My sweet girl, how I love her so!!
If you could be praying for her (and for me)---for strength and peace about what is to come.
I thank you in advance for your prayers!! They are felt!!
Thursday, January 21, 2010
3rd Eyelid Surgery Tomorrow
at
5:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






13 Love Like Crazy Comments:
Prayers and positive thoughts for your sweet girl.
Jen,
I can just feel your heartache from here.. I know it will be hard.. But, you are doing the right thing for Karleigh Mei. Look how wonderful her eye is looking now.. She has come so far.. And, she LOVES and TRUSTS you... You will be there when she wakes up, and that is such a gift for both of you!!!!
I will be lifting you girls up!!!
~Diana
Oh, I know how hard that is. I will keep all of you in my prayers!!
I will pray for strength for you! That will be SO hard, but I am certain that God has placed Karleigh with you specifically because He has prepared you in advance to be strong and get her to the place that He wants her to be. I look forward to seeing her beautiful face continue to grow and transform from a beautiful little girl to a beautiful young lady. She will thank you for all your prayer and heart-filled love and work to get her eyelid reshaped. Just think when she's a young teen and will want to wear eyeshadow and such! We will be lifting you all up in prayer!
may God's peace be with you both, and His wisdom in the hands of the doctors.
Father God,
You knew when Karleigh Mei was being formed and knit together that there would come a day when she would need these surgeries and her Mommy would be there to help make that possible! Please give Jenn the strength to carry her sweet girl and place her into your loving arms with such a peace in her heart. I cannot imagine how hard it must be. But You know Lord and You care far more deeply than I ever could and You will be right there with Karleigh Mei, guiding the Surgeon's hands and shaping her eye the way you want it to be!
We give you praise for being so good!!
In Jesus' Name. Amen
Oh sweet friend, it is tough isn't it? Going through the pain again, the separation, the recovery . . . all to do what we know in the long run (and it is a LONG run) is the right thing to do for our girls. Having to leave a day early and travel, gives plenty of extra time for anxiety to try and set in . . . praying it doesn't . . .
Isaiah 26:3 promises, "You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You."
I know that your mind is stayed on Him Jenn. May He keep you in perfect peace as you travel, as you sleep, as you hand Karleigh Mei over into the capable hands of her surgeon, and ultimately into the hands of the Great Physician. May He keep you in perfect peace as you wait, and as KM recovers. May He give you traveling mercies, and may He make the way for a successful surgery and a speedy, painless recovery for your sweet girl. In Jesus name, Amen.
Thank you Jesus, because we know You are oh so able!
Praying as you go . . . and watching for updates.
Love you friend,
Tina
Jen,
We will be praing for you all, especially Karleigh Mei!
Praying, praying for your sweet girl and your mother's heart!
Hey Girl you need to hold it together, You cry after she leaves. Love ya but you be stong for that girl cause she is gonna be so scared and she will feed off your fears. But she will be okay and you are doing this for her and her future. She will still love you. Have Faith in your Faith...
Oh, I know how hard it is for you, but she will be so excited to see you when she wakes up! Please let us know how it goes~
I will pray for both of you.
it stinks doesn't it? I will be praying for you :)
Post a Comment